Friday, January 9, 2009

My Story~First Date

I've been dating my SBF (Sweet boyfriend) since July 15, 2005. I remember my first date like it was just yesterday. He picked me up at 6pm at my house, and gave me a really sweet CD of all love songs that reminded him of us, along with some other thoughtful, inside-joke sort of gifts (like a Reeses lip balm because he knows I absolutely LOVE peanut butter!). For some, it may seem that a cd of love songs is coming on somewhat strong for a first date gift, but we had talked for a couple weeks prior to our first date, spending virtually every night talking into the wee early morning hours. I remember having the butterflies so badly before he came to pick me up, and frantically calling my friend Carolyn up to help ease my anxiety. The ring of the doorbell, and seeing him for the first time, put all my nervousness at ease. It was like I had known him for years.

We went out to a really nice restaurant in a cute, trendy town nearby, and ate out on their open deck. It was a gorgeous evening. I remember wearing a cute blue dress, and I loved the fact that he wasn't afraid to wear a pink striped shirt. Somewhere between dinner and dessert, I got up to use the restroom (check out the hair and reapply a dose of lipgloss), and had an overwhelming desire to call my Mom. I told her how excited I was by him, how cute he was, and that I was having a fabulous time. SBF still jokes to this day how he thought I abandoned him mid-date because I took so long getting back to him!! After dinner, we grabbed an after dinner drink in the Tunnel Bar, a really neat transformed Railroad tunnel just underneath the restaurant we ate in.

It really was love at first sight, or at least a confirmation of the feelings I was beginning to develop for him over our hours of conversations on the phone.

Since that day, we've been virtually inseparable.

1 comment: